⭐️Careers at STEM⭐️
The City College of New York STEM Institute is currently hiring Instructor leads, tutors, and teaching assistants (TA’s) for in-person & remote classes during the Summer Institute from July 6, 2022 – August 18, 2022. If you or anyone you know sounds like a great fit for the below positions, please feel free to share this message.
Interested in any of the below positions? Simply email us your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Indicate which subject you are interested in applying to. Selected Candidates will be called for a follow-up interview between March 18th – April 15, 2022.
About us: The STEM Institute is a challenging academic enrichment program designed to encourage middle school, and high school students, especially Hispanic and female students, in grades 6-12 to pursue careers in the STEAM field. Students participate in academic intensive programs of college-level courses in the Physical Sciences, Mathematics, English, and Engineering Design Areas.
If you have experience teaching or tutoring any of the below-listed subjects– please apply by submitting your resume and listing your area of expertise
by March 15, 2022, at email@example.com
⭐️Math Available Courses – Areas
- SHSAT Math Prep
- SAT/ PSAT Math Prep
- 9th Grade Regents Algebra
- Fundamentals of Algebra & Geometry
- Advanced Algebra & Trigonometry
- Experience to Precalculus
- Calculus I
⭐️Science Available Courses – Areas
- General Physics
- General Chemistry
⭐️Other Available Courses – Areas
- Creative Writing & Reading
- SHSAT English Prep
- SAT English Prep
- Financial Management
- 3D Printing Design
- Game Design / Game Development
- Lego League / First Tech Challenge
II. Frequently Asked Questions and Additional Information:
Who is STEM Institute looking for?
STEM Institute is looking for Course Instructors, Tutors & Teaching Assistants this Summer!
Can I apply to teach 2 sections?
Yes you can, Morning classes are scheduled 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM, and Afternoon classes are scheduled 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
What is the time period of the engagement?
The STEM Institute is looking to hire instructors and Teaching Assistants for an immersive 6-Week Summer Experience from July 6, 2022 – August 18, 2022.
Class Offerings Mondays – Fridays.
In-Person Offerings at City College of New York Campus located at 160 Convent Avenue, New York, NY 10031
**Remote Instruction will open upon student enrollment**
⭐️Summer offerings can open year-round instructional Opportunities during the Spring & Fall semester!
Become our next Instructor/ TA today. You must be available during the 6-Weeks to be an eligible candidate.
What are the expected time requirements and how am I compensated?
STEM Institute Instructors and Teaching assistants are paid on an hourly basis with a set contracting hrs per semester/term the approximate hourly allocation during the summer term are 90 hours per section. STEM Institute interested candidates must be US citizens or residents in order to apply. A W2 is provided at the end of the year.
Will I be trained?
Yes, STEM Institute has developed a comprehensive training session before the Summer term starts, you will be provided access to a Google classroom with all training videos in order to navigate your class rosters, summer program expectations, and the different resources available pertaining to course setup, course fixes, and other course-related issues for both in-person and remote instruction. Training time is estimated to be between 8-10 hours.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required for Instructor Lead Position
- Expertise in standardized exam prep
- Expertise working with Middle School and High-School Students Grades 6-12
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Proficient in Virtual conferencing tools such as Zoom or Google Meets
- US Citizens or Green Card Holders
- Instructor Lead Salary $52.56 per hour
- Tutor / TA Teaching Assistant Salary $20.00 per hour
- Competitive Pay rates
- Flexible Part-Time Schedules/ Prep time & Training hours compensated!
- Access to professional development courses
- Year-Round Opportunities for enterprising candidates
- Team Collaboration, think-sharing, and networking opportunities
Role & Responsibilities?
- Instruct students in private settings or in a group setting
- Manage Groups of 60 students with the aid of a teaching assistant
- Create own lessons/materials/ activities
- Keep detailed records of each student’s tutoring sessions using Student Progress
Records and/or relevant forms.
- Track and analyze student progress and monitor when new evaluations should be administered.
- Attend Teacher Team Meetings when announced.
- Work closely with the admin team to meet students’ academic goals.
- Deliver detailed progress reports to parents.
- Share relevant information on how the child is progressing in the class, what skills they are improving on, and what needs more work. Keeps classroom(s)/ or online rosters clean and organized
If you are interested to be interviewed for a position this Summer as an instructor lead or teaching assistant, submit your resume and list your area of expertise. Chosen candidates will be invited to attend an interview with the hiring committee from March 18, 2022 – to April 15, 2022.
We can’t wait to have you on the team!