Careers at STEM
The STEM Institute at The City College of New York is actively seeking passionate individuals year-round to join our team as lead instructors, teaching
assistants (TA’s), and tutors for our Fall, Spring, and Summer Programs.
The STEM Institute is an intellectually invigorating academic enrichment program, specifically designed to ignite the curiosity of middle and high school students and motivate them to pursue careers in the STEAM fields. We place special emphasis on underrepresented and underserved populations. Our students engage in challenging educational experiences, including college-level courses in the Physical Sciences, Mathematics, English, and Engineering Design Areas.
If you, or someone you know, possesses the skills and enthusiasm that align with the roles described below, we wholeheartedly encourage you to spread the word about this exciting opportunity.
Don’t hesitate to click the “Apply Now” button to submit your application for an upcoming semester.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in contributing to our mission, and we eagerly anticipate the possibility of welcoming you to our STEM Institute team.
S – Science
Lab Based Physics
Lab Based Chemistry
Living Environment Regents Prep
3D Printing Design
Game Design / Game Development
Lego League / First Tech Challenge
A- Architecture / Arts
Creative writing & Reading
SAT English Prep
SHSAT English Prep
SHSAT Math Prep
PSAT Math Prep
SAT Math Prep
Algebra I Regents Prep (9th Gr)
Fundamentals of Algebra & Geometry
Advanced Algebra & Trigonometry
Why work with us?
Motivate and Mentor our students
Develop your teaching skills
Build confidence in STEM subject areas
Work alongside other great TA’S and instructors from City College
Join Us Today
Join Our Team
Frequently Asked Questions and Additional Information
Who is STEM Institute looking for?
STEM Institute is looking for Administrative Assistants.
What are the times usually available for hiring?
Typically, the times available for hiring at our institution are as follows:
Fall & Spring Semesters: We offer classes primarily during weekdays Twice a week, from 3:30 PM to 6:30 PM. Additionally, on Saturdays, our classes are available from 9:30 AM to 3:30 PM.
Summer Sessions: During the summer, we provide classes on a more intensive schedule. You can expect classes from Monday to Friday, with two time slots: 8:30 AM to 12:30 PM and 12:30 PM to 4:30 PM.
These schedules are designed to accommodate the needs and availability of both our students and educators, providing flexibility and various opportunities for hiring and participation in our educational programs.
What are the expected time requirements and how am I compensated?
Will I be trained?
- A Bachelor’s degree is required for Instructor Lead Position
- Expertise in standardized exam prep
- Expertise working with Middle School and High-School Students Grades 6-12
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Proficient in Virtual conferencing tools such as Zoom or Google Meets
- US Citizens or Green Card Holders
- Instructor Lead Salary $52.56 per hour
- Tutor / TA Teaching Assistant Salary $20.00 per hour
- Competitive Pay rates
- Flexible Part-Time Schedules/ Prep time & Training hours compensated!
- Access to professional development courses
- Year-Round Opportunities for enterprising candidates
- Team Collaboration, think-sharing, and networking opportunities
Role & Responsibilities?
- Instruct students in private settings or in a group setting
- Manage Groups of up to 60 students with the aid of a teaching assistant
- Create own lessons/materials/ activities
- Keep detailed records of each student’s tutoring sessions using Student Progress
- Track and analyze student progress and monitor when new evaluations should be administered.
- Attend Teacher Team Meetings when announced.
- Work closely with the admin team to meet students’ academic goals.
- Deliver detailed progress reports to parents.
- Share relevant information on how the child is progressing in the class, what skills they are improving on, and what needs more work. Keeps classroom(s)/ or online rosters clean and organized